neděle 16. června 2013

Personal reflection about the course

Before I started this course I was wondering what kind of content and procedure are we going to follow. I have never had an opportunity to participate either in an e-learning course or in a course being run exclusively via the Internet before the start of our course Learning and teaching in the 21st century. That is why I was really curious how the course is going to be organised and in what way are we going to participate. 
Then the course has started and I read the first task on our website. The idea of communication with the teacher with the help of a weblog - as a kind of tool through which we proved our participation - made me a bit scared but curious at the same time. I was worried if I would be able to create a weblog but I realized very soon that it is not only very easy to make one, but also it is a lot of fun to run it. Moreover, I started to think about incorporating such way of communication also in my prospective English lessons with my secondary school students. I think that they might like the possibility to create something by themselves, publish it on the web so that everyone can see it and "take care of it" on a regular basis. 
Also the topics we were dealing with were interesting and new for me. For example I was wondering for some time what the concept Web 2.0 was about since I had come across this term several times during my studies. But I have never found time or effort to really explore it in greater detail. The topics we were discussing throughout our course also made me think about starting to implement in my teaching (and I start to teach a real class very soon) more web-based tools. I think that the time has come to start teaching in a more interactive way and to start supporting more self-directed learning based on openness and sharing. Let's see if any of the ideas I picked from our course will become reality. I hope so. Thanks, Terje!

 

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat